Hallmarks of Creative People
When I came across this article on the 25 things creative people do differently, I felt resonance and affirmation. Every single characteristic is important, and I encourage you to read, bookmark and return to this article.
I will summarize some of the points that resonate most with me. Creative people:
- Aren’t afraid to fail or to stand out as different because they value being to true to themselves
- Practice self-care, including a healthy diet, exercise and meditation, and self-development through constant learning
- Are fiercely independent and typically design careers that allow them to express their full selves
- Leverage their emotional, sensitive and intuitive nature to understand self, other people, challenges, and the world
- Are dreamers and doers, fueling their work with their passion, ethics, and the seeking out of new experiences
Defining creativity can be nebulous, but these characteristics ring true. Creativity is a choice, a behavior, and a skill we can hone.